15/10/2012

Route 92 New Buses 6/10/12 and 13/10/12

Yes, I know it's very late, but due to various circumstances, which include an ongoing feud, I have been unable to release this post until now. Sorry.

Route 92 got new DNs, operated from Greenford Garage. Covering this had a slight hitch. But, against certain people's wishes, Kamichi and I still covered the 92.
Observations with James, 6/9/12


First DN33775 on Route 92 terminating at Wembley Central. 
And various blinds as it changes.



 DN33764
 DN on short working to Wembley Arena
 DN33762
 DN33774
  DN at Greenford.
We then went to Southall and home.
London United ADE38 on Route 120, Southall North

The next week, I was on a school trip. Before I did go, I went to Ealing Hospital for more observations. DN33775 is the bus featured in detail.
At Ealing Hospital stand


Side of DN
Rear
Again, testing camera angles.
Lower deck interior
Upper deck interior

iBus on top deck.
Staircase lighting...
Lower deck interior
DN33775 at Iron Bridge, Southall West.

And, yes, quoting from former blog member Matt, they do smell of rubber.

16 comments:

  1. I didn't know hayes routes are on greenford route blinds. I thought it was alperton

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why are hayes garage routes on greenford route blinds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I don't know, sorry. I'm giving a guess that if this bus is transferred to another garage, that bus doesn't need to change the blindset (which with power blinds are more expensive)

      Delete
  3. I think Greenford Depot and Hayes depot work as partners so one of their routes can be transferred to the other garage.

    And so like Alperton and Willesden Junction together and Atlas Road and Westbourne Park

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the blindset for route 226 at Golders Green, it was changing blinds at the back. It showed 187, 206, 226, 487, PR2 and then it showed a green blind and then showed 223, 224 and 245

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Greenford, Hayes and Uxbridge have links because sometimes I see a Uxbridge bus (LK08 FNC) on the route E3 and once I saw LK53 LYH on 607.
    Also, Westbourne Park, Atlas Road and Willesden Junction have links as the are a couple of Willesden Junction vehicles on 266.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Then maybe Lea Interchange and Dagenham have links

    ReplyDelete
  7. What routes are on the blinds for buses EL1 and EL2?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other day I saw SN09 CEX (DN33587) on 427. What's going on? I also saw SN12 EHH and SN12 EHV (DN33768) on E3. I went on 33768 and it's interior is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've known about DN33587 on 427. It's back at Greenford again, after a few days at Hayes. The 92 batch of DNs may stray onto other routes at Greenford...

      Delete
  9. can double deckers be seen on routes 195, E7 and E9?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, as far as I know.
      However, I'd want to see a double decker 195, seeming as the school loads in the afternoon do leave many behind, northbound from Brentford... I've experienced that myself, occasionally. People I know even track back up to 3 bus stops back from school just to get on a bus towards Hanwell etc. Also, there doesn't seem to be any physical restriction on the 195 that stops this, I think.

      Delete
  10. What routes are on the blinds for route 20, EL1 & EL2 buses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I'm not an East London expert as thats why I run t5he West London blog, but I'm guessing it's EL1 and EL2 only as the buses are covered in East London Transit livery and therefore shouldn't appear on other routes.

      Sorry if I'm incorrect.

      Delete
    2. I'd think there would be more routes for fleet flexibility, to be honest, LondonBuses72. Oh, and I like the West London Bus Blog :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.