01/04/2015

It's the 1st of April: A few photoshopped images to whet your appetite!

A short post here, but topical nonetheless.

I hope that everyone out there had the joy of pulling a sneaky April Fools' prank on one of their good friends for a laugh. It's always interesting to see people's reactions to something slightly preposterous which could or could not be true.

I, personally, remember an April Fools' prank from back when I was in year 4 and the headteacher walked into our classroom to announce that there was an escaped tiger in the playground. Being the pedantic little sod that I was, I thought it was a load of utter codswallop, and it was, but everyone else rushed to the window in the hope to see one of the Earth's finest and most dangerous beings; alas not.

Anyway, I digress.

----

For those who follow my Flickr photostream (link here), you will know that I like to blind buses for other routes every so often, and I thought it would be interesting to post them all here for the blog's many viewers:

SN36054 / YR61RUC blinded for route 607 at Hayes By-Pass.
This working did actually happen, but only on Boxing Day 2012!
6100 / KX59AEE blinded for route 268 at South Harrow Station.
This is one of my personal favourites: as much as GR have a habit of intermixing double and single deckers, a decker will never go on route 268.
6175 / LJ55BVG blinded for 640 to Garston, Bus Garage at Harrow Weald, Clamp Hill.
Taken the day after I found out that route 640 had been lost to Metroline.
802 / C2WYC blinded for route 580 at Carousel's Bus Garage, High Wycombe.
If a Tempo did go on the 580, it would be sure to lose various panels and body parts, because it's about six feet too long for the route.
3814 / LJ58AVY blinded for route 640 at Harrow Weald, Bus Garage.
Just subbed from route 258, I was somewhat amused to find that it had 640 on the blinds!
44001 / LK57EJD blinded for route 252 at London Bus Museum, Brooklands.
This one had nothing to do with me personally - because 44001 is ex-Dagenham, someone had the good humour to put route 252 up on the blinds. The 252 is a double-decker route too, adding to the irony.
6101 / KX59AEF blinded for route 140 at South Harrow Station.
This was the most complicated and involved fake blinding that I've ever done: I used Aubrey's blind and had my friend from GR place it in the area of the number blind. Unfortunately, the sizes weren't the same and as a result it came out nowhere near what I was hoping for. D'oh!
DE60 / YX11GBU blinded for route 114 at Edgware Bus Garage.
Taken admittedly during a blindroll, this is something that apparently happened during the tube strike last year, but I was in school so can't verify that. Either way, it would be interesting to see an Enviro on the 114!
VWH2010 / LK14FBO blinded for route N7 to Rayners Lane Station at East Acton, Brunel Rd.
This could become the norm, but I think it's unlikely now. There has long been a plan to extend the N7 to Rayners Lane but it has never come to fruition; I guess only time will tell.


Similarly, I also like to fake a few of my pictures from time-to-time, generally to change the livery from dull red to something more interesting. Here is my selection:
5448 / SN08AAE on route 640 at South Harrow Station.
No livery change here: all I've done is reblind the bus, change the branding and numberplate and place it on another image with South Harrow Stn in the background.
DLE26 / T426KAG on route 398 at Northwood Hills, St Vincent's Hospital.
The numberplate is reminiscent of DP26, which was the real vehicle to bear this plate. I added the grey skirt, put the old London Sovereign logos on and changed the destination to Greenford, where the 398 used to go before 2009; I don't think DLE26 would actually fit round Racecourse Estate and Castle Road to get there though!
VH7 / BD13OJA on route 114 at Harrow Bus Station.
My first proper fake here - a completely new livery and destination blind to replicate the original Sovereign livery from the '90s.
EH6 / YX15OWW on route H50 at Stockley Park.
My latest fake from today shows a return of the trainlink livery and the H50 route which was replaced by the 350 after being extended to Heathrow Terminal 5.

Many thanks for reading; if you've any further fake or confusing pictures, please post them below.

Alternatively, tell us of a great April Fools' which you've had the privilege to experience!

1 comment:

  1. Nice liveries of your fakes! And really nice blog! One question may I kindly ask please: how did you do the fakes?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.