22/01/2013

LU 150 (Steam on the Met) 20/01/13

Immediately after I posted the previous post, I immediately left to cover with James the LU 150th Railtour, headed/tailed by Sarah Siddons and Met 1. Annoyingly, a very, very slow driver on Metroline's 237 meant I almost missed it at Kensington Olympia. Almost. After just getting a 49 to Kensington Olympia, here is the only good shot I got:
Ran along Kensington High Street and only just caught it there then as well:

DSC06506

DSC06507
Afterwards, we chased it to Moorgate, before it would return:
DSC06510
(C Stock at Edgware Road)
DSC06517
The crowds chasing the train got lighter as the stations went past.

Encountered on the way some friendly enthusiasts on the train who we had short conversations with :)
DSC06519
Sarah Siddons and S7 Stock at Moorgate

Annoyingly, this is the point where we lost each other. This post will follow my antics:
DSC06522

DSC06524
The mix of old and modern. One of the wooden carriages from the S7 stock.

DSC06523

DSC06526
Appropriate advert for the occasion.

I then went to Euston Square, ahead of it, whilst James caught it leaving Moorgate. I didn't know this at the time, which lead to a bit of a situation:

DSC06556
It is approaching Euston Square!
Video of it passing Euston Square

DSC06560
Here it is. Met 1 :)


And there it left.

DSC06578
A C Stock appears after the smoke.

DSC06581
The train that James, I eventually found out, was on! Windows showing condensation from the smoke.
I returned to Moorgate to search for James:

DSC06586
The Moorgate Mural of pictures.

DSC06591
Diamond roundel.
After finally meeting James, again, at Paddington, we went home. Well, I only returned later on afterwards:

DSC06598
London United ADH10 blinded for the N97. Nearly midnight. That is how late I was.

3 comments:

  1. Platforms and trains are at the same level, which makes boarding easier.It should not be confused with the nearby Euston tube station for the Northern and Victoria lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ON Friday 12th august 2016 we went Westfield.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.