25/01/2013

My Picture Archive Post 7

DSC00820
Go-Ahead London General EH4 on Route 24, Pimlico, 25/07/09

This was the start of many Enviro 400H buses in London. Initially  London General got five of these buses. 15 more has now entered service at Go-Ahead London Central for Route 436, bringing the fleet to EH20.
Route 24 is now back to Metroline, as I've covered previously. Metroline has countless amounts of E400Hs now, mostly at Cricklewood. According to LVF, this bus was last seen early December 2012 on the 333 (at time of posting). 

I personally like the E400H, although the sudden movement by them does catch me out quite a bit, especially due to my well known weak knee. I like these buses though, and hopefully, my favourite routes will get some of these. If anyone asks - these are 111 and N9. I'd prefer this (or the MCV DD103) over an SP any day. 

Even in all the novels and the joint story concept, my fictional transport group bus company L1/Group Buses (L1/Group Buses East and L1/Heathrow Buses) has the Enviro 400H as the standard double decker for the whole fleet. For more details on L1/Group in novels: http://wltmauc.weebly.com/l1group.html

The Picture Archive posts will now be at least monthly now, as time and pictures allow. Au.

1 comment:

  1. The Enviro400 is one of the UK's best selling buses and is one favoured type of bus in London's operations.This is great that 15 more has now entered service now.Good going!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.