21/02/2013

Random Picture of the Month 3 (Feb)

WM12 LOW
London United/RATP SP 7 (YN56 FCJ) on Route 120 at Southall Station
The difference between London United's Early SPs and their other SPs is that they have different features. Lights are an example. Instead of small round lights, they have fairly large 'brick' lights as I call them. Their Chassis is also different to the later SPs, with these early examples using the N94UD chassis, the ones used for the OmniDekkas, meaning that these are lower and unsuitable for tall people. This chassis also means the rear window is on the right, instead of the left, like the OmniDekka.

In my opinion, it's harder to tell the difference in height when you're outside but inside, it's a bit short and the difference in height can be really noticed. Later OmniCitys were built on a different chassis which meant people had more headroom and the engine and rear window were located in different places.

3 comments:

  1. I love these Omnicities to the ones on 207. Despite the fact that they are low height (I'm short and I could touch the ceiling) they are much quieter, I like the "Brick" headlight and reminds me of the foreign buses I used to see in Sweden. They have single deck Omnicities too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This random picture taken is good one! You have very well laid the differences between London United's Early SPs and their other SPs...enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.